Ry and I have definitely been flirting with the family topic recently. It's something that we've always wanted but it also got us thinking if there were things that we wanted to do before we had kids. Not that anything listed below we can't do with kids, but ya know, cherishing the TINK years? Ry and I are both thoroughly motivated by lists and not very good at being adventurous on our own so we figured we'd give this a shot. I'll keep you posted on how we do!
- Go to Disney: CHECK
- Okay so in my defense, we started this list prior to us actually returning to Disney and it's only just making it to the blog now. But this was important to us because while of course we'll take our kids to Disney, it holds such a special place in our hearts, we wanted to do a trip just the two of us.
- Go to Michigan: SCHEDULED
- Again, of course we are going to go here with our children, but wanted to make sure to have a trip for us to enjoy the midwest with just us.
- Friends Trip: IN THE WORKS
- The number one thing that Ry and I miss about Gainesville are our friends Will and Ali. Will and Ry worked together and then after Ry and I started dating, we did a double date and that was that. They got married three weeks before us (you can see that trip here) so Ali and I got to go through the wedding planning process together while the boys suffered through (aka drank beers together). We definitely want to plan a trip with them (Tampa, Kiawah, North Carolina, the possibilities are endless!) before we have kids.
- NYC: Possibly?
- Ry has only been to NYC once when he was in high school and I've been a couple times in college with my family to go to the U.S. open. This one I wouldn't mind doing with children but given that we would only be able to for a few days, in order to jam pack everything, I just feel it would be easy to not have to worry about nap times.
- Ireland: Unrealistic but dream big kid
- This one ended up on here because of the unfortunate circumstances Ry and I had going to Europe right after we got married. We were headed to London for a wedding (see some photos here) and we were supposed to have 24 hours in Ireland on the front end- we had the Guinness factory booked, staying in a castle, all these wonderful things and then due to flight delays and all that fun stuff, that portion got cancelled and we went straight to London. Ireland has always been on our bucket list and will stay, regardless of children :)
- Down Payment on a House: Only God Knows
- So this one is one that I struggle with and I hesitated putting on but I ultimately decided to because it was the truth. I have a tendency to get fixed on logistics- I want everything to be perfect. Right now, Ry and I live in a beautiful 2/2 apartment and the second bedroom is Ry's and mine's office (we have his and hers desks) and then a pull-put couch for guests. My perfectionist mind would love to have a 3/2 and have a room to call a nursery. But when it comes down to it, if we have a wonderful baby in our 2/2 I know I'm not going to be worried about having an extra bedroom. As people say, you make it work!
- Own my Own Photography Business: Time Will Tell
- This one is tough- again while ideal that I own my own business, work from home, make my own schedule, only time will tell as to how fast and on what scale my business grows. I love my job at PBA now and the steadiness of that income allows me to take risks in the photography business and certainly takes the pressure off if I don't have a shoot every weekend. But I'll continue to push and my ultimate goal is to all least be able to go full-time by baby #2.
- Run a 5k (possibly a 10k- that's Ry's goal): Gonna Need to Make This Happen
- I'm sure most of you are reading this as "Is she kidding? That's barely anything!" Here's my thing- I really really hate running but really really would like to be a runner. Not intense but I would love to be able to run 5 miles and have it be a good workout but not be on the verge of tears. So mainly, I put this as #8 so I'm forced to hold myself accountable.
What do you guys have on your list?!